Friday, September 4, 2009

11 Kythorn 1479

Ok, so far beyond being in trouble. We start off in the morning and Estelle (the flight master) just sort of looks at Gnf and shakes her head. Gnomes don't really fit on um, grif-back too well. In the end we just sort of tied him in place on "Old Amos" - Old Amos looks kinda like the collier's mule - half asleep and totally bored. Of course, she made sure to mention that she was sure "milord" wouldn't be needing any safety straps... Allyson glowered but didn't blow it and Max, bless his instincts, just played right along.

Of course that meant I was going to be flying, gods know how far above the ground on a beast I've never ridden before without safety straps. Oh joy. THEN she leads me over to my mount - my fine high-spirited stallion mount. I figured it couldn't be that different from horses, right? You just elbow 'em hard when they crowd you and show 'em who's boss - and never EVER let 'em think you doubt it's you, even when - ESPECIALLY when - you do. Well, he tried it, I smacked him hard, it worked, but I neglected to take into consideration certain size issues - like if I shove a hippogriff back as far as I would a horse...the hippogriff's foot is still...nearby. Heavier than horses, these 'griffs are. I may not feel my toes for the rest of the trip, but I did manage not to scream.

AND the bloody beast tried to pull some tricks airborne too. Yanking back hard on the reins and threatening with use as fertilizer works as well as with horses, Tymora be thanked - I sure needed her help today.

Only 4 more days of this...assuming I keep ahead of the beast and don't crash to a seriously messy death - and if I do that, Mom is gonna KILL me.

No comments:

Post a Comment